Monday, March 15, 2010

Play Date Cafe Lavender and Green Challenge


I have joined a group of ladies in the "Play Date Cafe." Their current color challenge is lavender and green. I also participated in their blog hop. What a bunch of amazingly talented gals. I love their blogs, ideas, and warmth. Above is my entry. The background of the card-more like post card-has been colored with melted crayon and glitter. The vintage image came from my files. I loved this technique so much that I made a dozen or more different cards in one sitting! I will probably post them in my FLICKR account also under Loosesparrow. Maybe I will sell a variety dozen on my etsy account. Just thinkin'.

My sweet hubby is finally going back to work this Wednesday. He has had a hard time taking it easy since he is a hard worker and very HYPER! Asking him to lie down or sit quietly during his recovery has been useless. He didn't go out to play in his new garage (like a good boy) but he PACED constantly! I like to rest, lie down, snooze, snore, faze out in front of the boob tube all the time....for no reason...even when I'm not sick, so I have a hard time understanding his energy. Let's face it....I'm jealous. If I had his energy I can only imagine what I would do--work 8 hours then take a walk or swim, teach more community classes, write a book, keep a cleaner house, sell my wares instead of piling them against every wall in the house. The possibilities are endless!


7 comments:

  1. What a fun blog you have and I LoVe what you did for the Play Date Cafe Challenge....wonderful job!
    The titles on your blog list are CrAzY fun as well....count me as one of your followers : )
    Hope you will stop by Julie's Open Window and follow along as well....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful! I love the background that you created - just wonderful! Thanks for playing with the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely concept of the glitter with the melted wax. Love the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NICE! I have yet to get a griddle for my little diva to melt wax. But I know as as soon as I do, I won't be able to pull her away from it! I love the card you created. So bright. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful background! What a cool technique! Thanks for playing along with the Play Date Cafe - hope to see you this week for an all new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea--crayons! I didn't think of that--thanks for inspiring me! Thanks for playing along with us over at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've been meaning to try melted crayons for ages! thanks for joining us in the play date cafe, come and play anytime :)

    ReplyDelete