Friday, March 19, 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge of pinks and yellow


Hello,
Here is my newest card for the Play Date Cafe weekly challenge. Again with the melted crayon background. I am really into melting crayons lately! This card is in honor of my favorite poem by Wordsworth. It makes me feel like I have just turned a bend and have stumbled upon a treasure trove of flowers, butterflies, and blue waters in the freshest spring breeze imaginable.
Thanks for the suggestions a few of you sent concerning my crayon melting supply dilemma. I stopped over at the local Thrift Town and guess what I found! A whole set of silicon pans. They are not in the shapes of bunnies or chicks, but I have thought of a way around this! I can't wait to try out the suggestions of going to a place called NPS Market Square, DI's and various Dollar Stores. I could spend all of my time collecting (which means buying, so I am limited) craft supplies.

7 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous background, Jo! Lovely way to showcase the poem! Thanks for playing with the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a fun card with melted crayons and I feel your excitement of finding the silicone trays! Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and bright...what a lovely offering for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely effect with the melted crayons! Thanks for playing with us at PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great effect! Thanks for playing along with the Play Date Cafe this week, hope you play along next week too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great artsy background you created with the crayons. Thanks for playing with us at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great background and with crayons! Thanks for playing with us at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete