Saturday, April 3, 2010

More junquing with junquey junque

I've been rearranging my craft room with the help of a few imaginative ideas that I've seen around and modified to meet my own needs.  The first is this metal tray that I bought from Abode.  It had a little sign on it that said, "Shabby, not scabby."  Funny!  It was only about 4.00 and I used magnets to hold a few of my projects.
Next, I used a simple wire hanger and plastic clothespins to hang my newly created masks.  One hanger went a long way, but  I also made very good use of a mult-tiered hanger for trousers.
Finally, I found this darling napkin holder with a fancy little rooster years ago at Thrift Town.  I've had it for years, but thought it would be a great holder for my hot glue gun.  I have a wooden glue gun holder, but guess what?  This napkin holder really did the trick because it is deep, wide and strong.
See?  I'm really trying to use what I already have even if it has to stretch my imagination a little bit.  Actually, that is one of the best parts about re-using.
I would also really like to thank Donna of Funky Junk's SNS for helping me learn how to link a post to another blog.  She just lost her sweet mom, so I can't believe she troubled herself with my small needs. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jo,

    Those gals over at Abode are so witty.

    Great job with the repurposing of glue gun holder. I'm trying to move my craft room and get nice and organized but it's going very slowly.

    Kelly
    Second Hand Chicks

    ReplyDelete